Hey again Zags – time for that weekly update!
First off, it was a HUGE week last week for your Zags – volleyball won two great matches at home, both soccer teams looked great, both golf teams received their highest rankings in program history, and basketball practices for the season officially started!
Sadly, there are no home matches this week, but still plenty of things to look forward to!
First off, OPUS IS ALMOST HERE! Hard to believe that next Thursday is the day someone will win a million bucks, but there’s still plenty of great things to do over the next ten days to get involved with all things Opus! Most importantly, if you have not gotten your FREE (aka, zero dollars) ticket to the Final Ceremony next Thursday night, there are less than 80 left at the Crosby Front Desk, so make sure to grab yours soon if you want one! Also with the Final Ceremony comes a week of events where you can get to know the finalists:
- Tuesday October 14; there is a Community Panel Q&A with the Opus Finalists – 7:00 pm in Cataldo!
- Wednesday October 15; an interfaith ceremony at 5:00 pm in the Student Chapel
- all culminating in the Final Ceremony at 7:00 pm on Thursday October 16 at the Fox Theater, and free shuttle transportation will be provided!
This truly is a once in a lifetime experience as Zags, and we hope you make the most out of it!
Second, if you’re looking for ways to get involved with on-campus groups that work out in the community, we have a couple opportunities for you!
- GUSR is hosting an informational meeting about Special Olympics & Project Unify TONIGHT from 6-7 pm in Jepson 104. Unify is a program that allows high school students with mental disabilities to play for their schools and compete against other local schools in different sports. Check it out for more information, as well as seeing what else Proaject Unify is putting on in October!
- Zag Volunteer Corps has an event this Saturday, October 11, at Land’s Council! Land’s Council is a local grassroots organization that dedicates their work to protecting Spokane’s forests, water, and wildlife to increase the quality of life in the Inland Northwest. Check the link for more information if you’re interested! https://commerce.cashnet.com/zagvolunteercorps
These are great opportunities to get out and get involved with the community that supports us as Zags, and we hope you make the most of the opportunities you have!
Finally¸ just as a little bit of a tease, a few things we’ve got lined up for the next month…
- FanFest is Saturday October 18, and is your first chance to get a look at the Women’s Basketball team for this year! They look really promising and have some great home games on the schedule, so get out there and check it out!
- Kraziness in the Kennel is Fall Family Weekend, so we hope to see you all and your families packing the Kennel for the first look at the 2014-2015 Men’s Basketball team! We’ve got a couple surprises up our sleeves for that game, so make sure you come to see what we’ve got in store…..
- Shortly after that we have our FIRST TICKET DISTRIBUTION OF THE YEAR! Hard to believe it came up that quickly, but the season is almost upon us! And speaking of the season being almost upon us, that brings us to the last teaser….
- We’ve already got tons of Dirt lined up for this year. Wondering what we have? You’ll have to stay tuned and see!
Well, that’s it for this week. Keep checking in, power through classes, and always remember to ZAG UP!