SUP KIDS! Can you believe that October is almost half over? With that being said, there’s a lot going on in the next few days, so bear with us…
FIRST UP: In the volleyball world, the Zags are taking on Saint Mary’s tomorrow (October 18) at noon in the Martin Center! The Zags have been on fire recently, so come on out and support! Also on Saturday, if you show your Kennel Card at Pita Pit, you’ll get buy one, get free on the entire menu!
NEXT: Saturday also marks the first chance you have this year to get into the Kennel! FanFest for the Women’s Basketball Team is Saturday – doors open at 3, and the event starts at 4. This is a great chance to get an early look at the Women’s team for the year, and is sure to be a blast!
THEN, next Friday (a week from today), the Women’s Soccer team is at home against LMU, their first home game in almost three weeks! Kickoff is at 3:00pm, so swing on by! Then on Sunday the 26th they take on Pepperdine at 1:00!
LAST, Men’s Soccer takes on San Diego on Halloween at 2:00 pm – if you’re not in class, come by and support – it’ll have been almost a month since they last played here at Gonzaga!
Now, take a deep breath…. For an intermission, here’s a couple things happening over the next few weeks that we think you should check out:
- Thank you all for coming out to our distribution on Wednesday, and if you missed us and still need your gear: we will be having a distribution again on Saturday of Fall Family Weekend – that’s Saturday the 25th, and more details will be released later!
- On Tuesday, October 21, we will be having a focus group to ask what YOU want to see from the Kennel Club this year – this is your chance to come give us your opinions on cheers, promos, or any other happenings that you would like to see this year! This will be in Jepson 018, from 7:00-8:30 pm, and there will be free Krispy Kreme donuts!
- On Halloween, GSBA is putting on Gonzaga Scares Hunger – a food drive that will be used to support Campus Kitchens and provides food for hungry families in our area! This will be from 6:00-8:00 pm and begin with a rally on the steps of Crosby, then students will be bussed to surrounding neighborhoods to collect food. The average student can collect 30 pounds of food in an hour, which Campus Kitchens convert to between 60 and 90 meals! Click HERE for a link to more information, and we hope to see you there! It’s a great way to spend a few hours to help give back to our community!
Okay, ready for the second half? Here we go…
Fall Family Weekend is next weekend, which brings with it…. KRAZINESS IN THE KENNEL! That’s right, we’re only eight days away from Saturday the 25th, your first look at the Men’s Basketball team! Since this is over Family Weekend, and the event is open to the public, a few quick things:
- This event will be packed. Remember, the Kennel only seats 6000 people – after about 1200 students file in, that leaves 4800 spots for all of your family and friends as well as the public. Though the event starts at 4:00 on Saturday afternoon, doors open at 3:00, and we would recommend getting in line a bit early.
- It’s the first game back, so there’s going to be a brief session with some updates once you are inside the Kennel, just to throw some real quick info at you guys. We’ve been working on some cool ideas, and want to get you guys exposed to them soon so we can get them going for the rest of the season!
- Like stated above, if you still need to pick up your Kennel Club gear, we will be having a distribution that morning, so come grab it beforehand so you have everything before Kraziness begins!
After the parents leave on Sunday, and we try to rationalize that we will be able to finish all our homework in one night, we’re gonna throw another curveball in there…. Sunday, October 26th, is the FIRST TICKET DISTRIBUTION OF THE SEASON! It will start at 7:00 and be for the exhibition game against Thompson Rivers on November 1st. We will be hitting this hard in the days leading up to the distribution itself, but want to put it on your radar.
Which is a perfect lead in to the last update…
NOVEMBER FIRST. THOMPSON RIVERS. 6:00 PM. SEE YOU THERE. That’s two weeks from tomorrow, one week from Kraziness, only fifteen days away. It also means one very special thing…. It’s almost time for the Dirt to return. Trust me, we’ve been digging DEEP for some good stuff for you guys this year, and just because Thompson Rivers is an exhibition game doesn’t mean we’re going to go easy on them – and we don’t expect you to either.
….but, we could use a little help. At times this year, we will be asking YOU to help us get Dirt for certain games, and whoever finds the best dirt on our opponent will win a sweet prize! Keep your eyes peeled for more information on this, and we’ll be excited to see what you guys dig up!
Whew. That was a lot. Got it all? Read it again, just to be sure.
SEE YOU SOON, ZAGS!